So, you've booked your portrait session but now the real question is how do you want to represent yourself? Here are a few quick tips that will insure you look your best!
- Button up dress shirts in solid colors or white
- Blazers/jackets in navy, black, dark gray, and light gray
- Ties can be patterned or solid. Please bring options so not everyone shows up with a red tie!
- Pocket squares are another great way to add some personalty to a business headshot!
- Don't bring wrinkled clothing! But I do have a steamer if something happens during transportation.
- Don't bring a button up dress shirt with pockets. I know most people don't do this but it's happened before and the pockets always show up by peeking around the lapels of the coat.
- Don't bring just 1 tie
- Wear a little extra makeup and bring it with you day of so you can freshen up right before your portrait. The flash typically washes out the face, so a little extra blush, powder and lipstick goes a long way!
- Bring a range of different colors and necklines. If you have any doubt about whether something will work or not just bring it along. Textures and layers are the best and try to keep jewelry minimal. Studs or small earrings work and simple necklaces, anything hanging or chunky will usually draw too much attention in a headshot. Have some fun with this, if you feel your wardrobe is missing something then go shopping and keep the tags on it in case you’d like to return the items after the shoot.
- Jewel tones and solids photograph best!
- Do wear tailored pieces
- Don't bring wrinkled or lent covered clothing
- Don't wear bold busy prints, unless they are under a blazer or layered
- Don't wear loose baggy/flowy tops, or sweaters these tend to look less flattering on all body types.
If you still have no idea what to wear I am more than happy to recommend a stylist!